Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Architectual Project

This project was to replica a architects design. When looking for a design to do I thought to find something that of out of ordinary. I found many designs that I like but when looking at these Cube house in Rotterdam, Netherlands. I thought to myself they look cool and should be fun and easy to do. Well to my surprise it wasn't that easy to do even though there is a lot of straight lines in this there is also a lot of detail from the roof to the concrete. The windows with all the reflections of the other building in them.  Also when looking at the photo notice the roof of the one building is not there. I was able to create the rest of the roof for the picture. It took a while to do but was definitely worth the time. Kubuswoningen, or cube houses, are a set of innovative houses built in Rotterdam and Helmond in the Netherlands, designed by architect Piet Blom and based on the concept of "living as a urban roof". High density housing with sufficient space on the ground level. Blom titled the cube of a conventional house 45 degrees, a rested it upon a hexagon-shaped pylon. His design represents a village within a city, where each house represents a tree, and all the houses together, a forest.

 
                                     work cited http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cube_house

No comments:

Post a Comment